BlueExtra Basic and BlueExtra Plus plans were created for people who want a Medicare supplemental plan that covers all the things you care about – vision plan, dental plan, and hearing coverage – and still fits into your budget.
BlueExtra – a new non-medical coverage plan to fit your dental, vision, and hearing aid needs
Everyone’s insurance needs are different. Independence Blue Cross developed BlueExtra and BlueExtra Plus for supplemental, non-medical coverage in Philadelphia and the surrounding counties of Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery. With BlueExtra, you receive affordable dental and vision benefits, and a hearing aid reimbursement allowance not covered by Medicare or other commercial health care plans.
You can also enroll in BlueExtra by downloading an enrollment application and mail in the completed form to: PO Box 37576, Philadelphia, PA 19101-7576.
- You choose between a Basic or Plus plan.
- You receive dental and vision benefits and a reimbursement allowance for hearing aids.
- You may be enrolled in any insurance company’s health care plan or have traditional Medicare for your medical coverage.
In order to qualify for BlueExtra, you must live in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania.
BlueExtra plan includes:
- vision coverage for annual eye exams and eyeglasses (or contact lenses);
- hearing aid reimbursement;
- coverage for certain dental maintenance and surgical procedures;
- health and wellness programs (available only with the Plus plan only);
- a low copay for dental cleaning exams twice annually.
- If you are interested in learning more about BlueExtra, please call 1-877-393-6733 (for the speech- and hearing-impaired: 1-877-219-5457), seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Or mail any inquiries to PO Box 37576, Philadelphia, PA 19101-7576.
- If you are already enrolled in BlueExtra and have questions call 1-800-ASK-BLUE (for the speech- and hearing-impaired: 1-888-857-4816), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Or mail any inquiries to 1901 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
- Send us an email.
Outline of Coverage
For details of covered services, copays, and deductibles for Basic, see the:
For details of covered services, copays, and deductibles for Plus, see the: